steps to applying
On behalf of St. Luke's Episcopal School, the Office of Admissions would like to thank you for your interest in our school. It is our pleasure to assist you through the admissions process and introduce you to the many wonderful educational opportunities St. Luke's has to offer.
Our application, teacher recommendation forms, transcript requests, and student supplement form are available online through the Online Admissions Portal. You will be prompted to create a login for the portal before you are able to start a new application. Please note that applicants will not be reviewed by the Admissions Committee until all pieces of the application have been received by the Office of Admissions.
Step 1: Explore SLES & Tour Our Campus
Take some time to learn about our community. Watch some of our videos on our YouTube channel, catch a glimpse of us on Instagram, or explore our website to learn more about grades PK3-8th at St. Luke's.
As part of the application process, all families are encouraged to meet with our Director of Enrollment Management & Marketing, Ms. Zandra Cook. She will gladly invite you to campus to tour our school and see our teachers and students in-action. Tours must be scheduled ahead of time, and include time to visit about the Admissions process, see classrooms and common spaces, and learn more about St. Luke's. To schedule a tour, please contact Ms. Cook at 210.826.0664 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you prefer to meet over Zoom, Ms. Cook you will be able to show you photos of our campus and share more about all that St. Luke's has to offer with you virtually.
Step 2: Apply for Admission
The application for admission is available via the Online Admissions Portal. A non-refundable application fee of $85 is due with each application for admission.
Step 3: Submit Additional Application Requirements
Teacher Recommendation Forms
- PK3 - 4th Grade: Students are required to submit one teacher recommendation form from their homeroom teacher from the current or previous school year, depending on the time period of application.
- 5th - 8th Grade: Students are required to submit 3 recommendation forms - one from their math teacher, one from their English teacher, and one from their counselor or principal.
After submitting the online application for admission, you will receive information about logging into the Online Admissions Portal to access your Admissions Checklist. Through this checklist, you will be able to send an electronic request to your teachers/administrators, requesting that the recommendation form(s) be completed on your behalf.
All applicants are required to submit a copy of their student's most recent report card/transcript, as well as a copy of his or her official report card/transcript from last school year (if applicable). We also request that any standardized test scores be included in with the student's record.
An electronic request for records may be sent to your school's registrar via the Online Admissions Portal. If you have copies of your student's records, you may upload them in the Online Admissions Portal as well, or send them directly to the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
Entrance Exam Testing
- PK3 & PK4 Applicants: Students applying for PK3 or PK4 should plan to participate in an Observation Play Date on St. Luke's campus in the spring. Dates for these visits will be posted in late fall. Registration will be available to families after St. Luke's receives your student's application.
- Kindergarten - 4th Applicants: Students seeking admission to kindergarten through 4th grade are required to complete an entrance exam off campus with a licensed psychologist. Testing information and requirements can be found here.
- 5th - 8th Applicants: Students applying for 5th - 8th grade are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Students may register online with ERB and have scores submitted to St. Luke's. At-Home/Virtual ISEE testing can also be scheduled directly with the St. Luke's Office of Admissions.
Student supplement (5th - 8th grade)
After submitting the online application, applicants should log into the Online Admissions Portal to access the Student Supplement. This set of questions should be answered by the applicant independently.
Students are encouraged to visit St. Luke's during their parent's tour of campus. Currently, due to COVID-19 precautions, we are not hosting any shadow days for the 2022-2023 application cycle.
Once all required supplemental pieces have been received, applications are forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. The Committee then selects those students who best meet the criteria for admissions and want to share in partnering with the school. Following acceptance, a contract for enrollment will be emailed to you. Please return it and the non-refundable, non-transferable deposit within the stated time. Once both the signed contract and the deposit are received, your child’s space in the class will be secured.